From the Blog

Using a Power of Attorney

In the event a buyer or seller cannot attend a real estate settlement, a Power of Attorney (POA) can be used to have closing documents signed on their behalf. In the State of Maryland it is suggested that you use a statutory POA form when such a power is needed. The buyer or the seller is the Principal; the one giving the power to the Attorney in Fact, or person signing on their behalf. It's important to have the Principal read the form completely and consult an attorney if there are any … Read More